Rhosybol, or Rhos-y-Bol
Rhosybol is a small village lying to the south of Parys Mountain. The name loosely translates as 'hillocky moor' or the 'moor in the hollow'.
Rhosybol was originally developed to provide accommodation for the workers in the copper industry based on the mountain. The relatively modern pithead structure on Parys Mountain is visible from the village. Rhosybol has one remaining chapel, Capel Gorslwyd, and one closed one, Bethania, in addition to the disused Christ Church.
The war memorial, located in the grounds of the village school, is unusual in two respects. First, it is only to the dead of the First World War, and second it covers the period from 1914 to 1919.